Kevin Trinh
"Every child is and artist...the problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up”::Pablo Picasso.

'off the shoe'

I have been investing a bit of my time and money in photography lately and have come across some very helpful and inspiring websites lately that has rekindled the photographic side in me. I have also recently learnt of new techniques in photography which includes HDR and the art of ‘off the shoe’ photography.

My existing camera gear is as follows:

I was shooting with the Canon EOS 50D, which I recently sold with the 10-22mm lens in preparation for an upgrade to a Full Frame camera. So now I am reunited with my old trusty Canon 300D. This was my very first digital SLR and still one of my favorites.

(Update 14/10/2009: Just got my hands on the new Canon 5D MKII , 21.1 mega pixels, full HDMI video. Most importantly it's a Full Frame camera so I can utilize the actual focal length of the lens.

-Canon 550EX Flash
-Canon 540EZ flash (2 of these)
Powerful yet cheap flash, all I need for 'off shoe' flash photography

-Pocket Wizards
These have a triggering range of up to 1600 feet. (I have 3 of these)

-Canon 16-35mm f2.8L II
I no longer need a tripod to use a lens below 28mm indoors. Sharp, colorful and very fast focusing. High build quality. However I rarely shoot at f2.8. The sharpness lies around the f4.0. What I’m paying for in this lens is the quality of the glass, not so much the aperture.

-Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD
When I purchased this lens it had 2 bubbles the size of a grain of sand trapped within the elements. I was tempted on taking it back but when I realized the sharpness of this lens, I had to keep it. It is one of my best lenses, even though its not a Canon and sits on my camera as a walk around lens. It's inexpensive, yet performs at about the same level as much more expensive lenses of equivalent range.

-Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS
This is my long range lens. 200mm is as long as I need to go. I don’t do much wildlife nor sport photography.

-Leica Macro-Elmar-R 60mm f2.8
I think Elmarit 60 Macro is the best among this focal length. Very good close-up picture quality, high sharpness and excellent detail rendition. I sometimes use this as a standard portrait lens when rapid auto focusing is not necessary.

-Kenko Extension tubes
I only used for shallow DOF and extreme Marco shots.

On the shopping list:
-Canon MACRO 100mm f2.8L IS