Kevin Trinh
"Every child is and artist...the problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up”::Pablo Picasso.

Sharpening the tools in the shed.

I have finally picked up my Canon 50D. This will supersede my 5 year old Canon 300D. It was very tempting to get the 5D MK2 or 1D MK3, but it unfortunately my pockets dosn't go that deep. I will have to miss out on he full frame and higher ISO's for the time being.

Having the top of the range camera won't make you a good photographer (however it does help sometimes!)... after all it is only a TOOL. When you become serious into something, you will need the variety, like an apartment dweller might have one screwdriver in a kitchen drawer, but a professional mechanic might own a dozen different types of screwdrivers, in all sizes, and for all different purposes. Both screwdrivers and cameras are just tools. And those who are serious about something need more and better tools. I am still in the progress of becoming a budding pro photographer, which like many things, comes with time and experience, so until then I need to start my collection of lenses.


Those who is starting to get into photography and trying to understand the manual settings, I found this great link by Paul Hayashi who puts in plain English.